Joseph Hirsch and Brian Lee from Globalview Advisors attended the San Diego Chapter of Financial Executives International (SD-FEI) Dinner and Student Award Scholarship Meeting, held at the Fairbanks Ranch Country Club in San Diego. For the fifth year in a row, Globalview was a proud sponsor of the SD-FEI Student Award Scholarship program.
The scholarships are awarded every year as tradition, and professors at the various San Diego Universities nominate their students to submit their application. These are undergraduate and graduate students in accounting and finance. An SDFEI committee of Board Members reviews the applications, which includes their transcript, resume, and a written essay for professionalism and excellence in academics. The committee selects the top five students in the San Diego area from over 30 applicants and honors them with a $1,000 scholarship award. Awards were given out during the meeting. Globalview believes in supporting the next generation of financial executives.
The Professional Development Session was presented by David Matthews, the Regional Vice President for Advisory Services and Global RPA Lead at Resources Global Professionals (RGP), and Lester M. Sussman, CPA, Vice President of the Governance Risk and Compliance practice area for RGP, who presented on the subject of “Robotic Process Automation’s Impact on Finance and Accounting—the Age of Disruption.” They provided an overview of Robotic Process Automation (RPA), examining how companies are establishing and advancing this business solution, and sharing the proven methodologies being utilized to achieve sustainable results. Specifically, RGP addressed:
- What RPA is, and provided some insights on this fast growing automation solution;
- Summarized “C-level” areas of interest in RPA, and the hard and soft potential benefits it can provide;
- Shared the criteria for scoping and prioritization of RPA opportunities;
- Provided examples of RPA opportunities in Finance and Accounting;
- Explained the key considerations for developing a RPA strategy;
- Discussed the risks associated with implementing RPA; and
- Provided a RPA demonstration to better understand how this works in practice.
Globalview Advisors has been a proud sponsor of the SD-FEI since 2012, as well as the Orange County Chapter since 2013. The SD-FEI is the premier organization for financial executives in the San Diego County area. SD-FEI promotes interaction among its members and holds programs and workshops to enhance their professional knowledge and qualification.