Raymond Rath, Managing Director of Globalview Advisors, presented on “The Latest Developments in Intangible and IP Valuation in the U.S.” for the Japanese Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA) in Tokyo, Japan on November 25, 2017.
The one-day course focused on valuation issues of interest to parties involved in IP investment, development and exit strategies, management of IP and disputes pertaining to IP.
Topics covered included:
- Discussion of challenging issues in valuing businesses such as comparability and assessing risk and growth outlooks;
- IP valuation challenges—successful IP is infrequently sold individually and in rare cases when IP is sold, data is often not available;
- Discussion of recent performance and documentation requirements associated with the Mandatory Performance Framework released in connection with the Certified in Entity and Intangible Valuations™ Credential (CEIV™);
- Development of a wide range of valuation assumptions including prospective financial information (projections of investment requirements, future income and cash flows), discount rate development and insights from market transaction activity; and
- Best practice for the documentation of the development of valuation assumptions and models.
For further information, please contact Michael Haghighat, ASA at +1 (949) 475-2801 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Raymond Rath, ASA, CEIV, CFA at +1 (949) 475-2808 or email@example.com.