Joseph Hirsch, Director of Client Relations at Globalview Advisors, attended the Orange County Business Journal’s 8th Annual General Counsel Awards gala event, held this year at the Hotel Irvine in California. A crowd of more than 400 members of Orange County’s corporate and legal communities gathered to honor this year’s top in-house lawyers. The award program is designed to recognize the significant role in-house counsels play in the success of businesses within our community.
The Master of Ceremonies was Erwin Chemerinsky, the founding Dean at University of California-Irvine School of Law, who became the 13th Dean of Berkeley Law in July. The event honored four lawyers and one legal team in five categories.
The honorees, selected from a record pool of 50 nominees, were:
- Robert Davis, Senior VP and General Counsel of Glaukos Corp. in the Public Company Category;
- Jenny Wang, General Counsel at MerchSouce LLC in the Private Company Category;
- Ursula Guzman, VP, Employment Counsel at CoreLogic Inc. in the Specialty Counsel Category (a new award this year);
- Sheniece Smith, Associate General Counsel at Children’s Hospital of Orange County in the Rising Star Category; and
- PIMCO LLC for its In-House Legal Team.
The Business Journal will profile each of the honorees in their November 20 issue.
The Orange County Business Journal delivers the most complete package of news and information on Orange County’s companies, industries and businesspeople. It is comprehensive, authoritative, concise and entertaining.
Presented in a lively and accessible format, the Business Journal is required reading for Orange County executives, managers and professionals—written in an up-tempo, breezy style that reveals the drama, excitement and fun in business.