Jeremy Burnstein, Director in Globalview Advisors’ Boise Office, was awarded Certification in Distressed Business Valuation (CDBV). The CDBV is a unique certification program in valuation of distressed assets including distressed and/or bankrupt companies. In 2004, the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors (AIRA) launched the CDBV program to train and accredit professionals in this highly specialized area of business valuation. The intensive CDBV training program consists of a three-part course of study and uniform written examination.
The CDBV program’s course of study is comprehensive and advanced. Through successful completion of the three-part course of study and comprehensive examinations, candidates who receive the certification achieve and demonstrate proficiency necessary to:
- Apply court decisions to the appropriate standards of value, premise of value and valuation methodology;
- Properly adjust cash flows to capture the impact of distress/bankruptcy;
- Apply the adjusted present value method;
- Calculate and apply market multiples for distressed companies and/or distressed transactions;
- Estimate the cost of capital for distressed companies;
- Estimate reorganization value;
- Apply the asset approach for the liquidation analysis required in the disclosure statement;
- Determine solvency in preference and fraudulent conveyance issues; and
- Assess the size of the equity cushion for adequate protection.
The Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors (AIRA) is a nonprofit professional association serving financial advisors, accountants, crisis managers, business turnaround consultants, lenders, investment bankers, attorneys, trustees and other individuals involved in the fields of business turnaround, restructuring, bankruptcy and insolvency. AIRA members are among the most trusted and sought-after professionals in matters dealing with limited capital resources and deteriorating operating performance.
For any further information, please contact Jeremy Burnstein at 949 475.2806 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Haghighat at 949.475.2801 or via email at email@example.com.